Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dirty Beach Art

I had another recollection this morning; wandering along the Thames a few years ago by the Globe Theatre and doing a double-take when I saw a crew of people on the little 'beach' below us carving out a dragon and some treasure out of the sand. Not only was I surprised there was even any sand in London but I was sure some sort of tide would wash them away, dragon n all. 5m below the wall, it drew in quite a crowd. Maybe we were all waiting in some sort of sadistic expectation for that tide, or maybe we were just appreciating some modern art, after-all, the Tate Modern was just about in your peripheral from here. I think I even took a picture on some old camera phone but since then, when they only had a MySpace page, it looks like the guys at DirtyBeach have hit the BigTime. Their work is incredible and some big companies have started to commission installations: Pepsi, Cannes, C4, Glastonbury etc. Next stop, my back garden.

http://www.dirtybeach.tv/

No comments:

Post a Comment